Thursday, November 17, 2005

Blank Doll ate up his econs notes. Oops.

Don't you love Blank Doll? He's such an adorable little creature. What, you can't tell how he looks like? Have you got no imagination? Hmph.


Blank Doll is a 4 feet tall doll made mostly of cotton stuffing and fibreglass with a covering of white jersey that strangely moulds his body until the top where instead of having hair, he has it tied in a bundle with a silken cord. This means that at any moment, there is a high chance of the knot undoing itself and so, spill half of Blank Doll onto the pavement. He has large black beads for eyes and a look that tell you he's constantly confused. He's quite clumsy and well, blank-in-the-head. His fingers change colour according to his mood and his condition. He likes to say 'morning!', 'night!' and 'you're weird!', always of course, dragging the middle vowel and going up on the last consonant. Blank Doll can also change himself into a plastic cube looking quite like a cube ipod but he only does that when he needs to recharge. He also has a strange animated sprout creature that lives in his ear because well, he doesn't exactly have a brain. A most sensible sprout indeed, called aptly, Loci 249.


Of course, Blank Doll in Magic Asunder, the book I'm struggling to write is a totally different creature. In that, he's a seven foot golem made from charmed hard-paste porcelain and marble with black Equitere for eyes, that of course, changes to red when he is roused. His fingers don't change colour now but that's because his eyes do. I think he wears a huge black collar which controls him and he speaks in the Enkiform. Oh and Blank Doll is called Blank Doll in Magic Asunder because the Enkinet cannot sense Blank Doll since he was made to protect the Enkinet. Controlling him is the Franklin Puppeteer, a character I have yet to developed.


Why am I saying all this? Because it struck my whimsy. Oh and Econs S was nice today. Mr. Reeves didn't get Tong's quote and I doubt he got mine anyway. I hope I didn't sound flippant or anything because I really mean it when I said what I did. "Reason is one of the greatest survival tools of humanity"- Ludwig von Mises. Never mind, it's pointless elaborating on my blog.


Oh and thanks to the ever charming Alps, I could not sleep well lastl night. Chiefly due to the fact that i woke up at exactly 3 am (rings a bell don't you think) and was deathly afraid that I'd smell something burning. It didn't help that there were some idiot drunks downstairs who were making enough noise to freak me out. I only fell asleep when the rains came because rain has always been my friend. Running water comforts me.


Haha, I didn't know I was going to call my novel Magic Asunder until now. I must thank my sister for giving me the kernel of idea for this book even though I am still at the beginning. Already, I'm a huge fan of the Blue Merra and the Duchess of Rose but my favourite character will probably be Theokyre. Ah well, Peter's not bad I suppose but he's too dreamy and well, he hasn't kicked any arses yet. Not that any of them have but he hasn't got the potential to kick arse yet.


Oh well, I'm tired and hungry. Shall buy myself some food now.


C'est tout.