Saturday, November 12, 2005

Blank Doll wrestled with the cable and died.

Damn Windows and its unsightly monopoly. Damn the PC system. Damn Windows for being so un-user friendly. Thank you Starhub for being so long suffering and patient.


Yes, Sean has entered the era of information technology kicking and screaming.


I tried to switch my cable connection to my ibook using an ethernet cable and it worked. Happy me, my ibook is such a considerate device because it automatically detected the cable and bit it hard. Then I tried to connect it back to my PC. My PC roared and refused to accept my LAN connection, hence depriving me of the Internet for ten whole minutes. I could have died if someone deprived me of food for that long a period of time.


Nothing worked. No restarting. No switching on and off. No praying. Hah, there's your miracle. But of course, I'm sure GOD has better use for its energy besides helping a child fix his electronic toy.


So I did the final thing. I called Starhub and begged for help.


And it worked! Of course, I had to go through alot of embarrassing question about address and numbers which was really horrid because it's registered under my dad and I don't know his address nor his IC. But it's fixed! I love the help staff so much I could kiss her.


Ok, nevermind. I'm so fascinated by technology yet cannot use it. *sigh* I'm actually a gadget freak, but it's hard to love gadgets properly when they never do the things they're told to do. I mean, being a gadget freak four hundred years back was simple. Nothing ran on electricity. Then again, the science of mechanicks is probably just as nerve-wracking.


C'est tout.