Sunday, November 06, 2005

Blank Doll ate a cat and spat out the cat.

I think I just may have gotten myself a *gasp* job for the holidays. I know it's stupid when there are so many things to do. I have a reading binge to follow through, I need to go out with Alps and Tong, I need to go out with my old school friends (YING! Wake up!), that is if Xuan doesn't have training again. I need to prepare for next year's S paper. I think I'll take Imperial Russian and Pre-war modern Japan as my case studies. I need to write my book. I need to take out my goache and start practicing. I need to prep up for next year's competition which I will join at the risk of flunking my A levels. I need to squeeze so many things in!


But I really want to take the sales job at Dunhill. It's $8/hour, if I work 8 hours a day, that's $64/day. It's flexible so if I work twice a week, that's $128. Pfft, that's my allowance for a week and I don't even have to work. But the chance of doubling my allowance is attractive. Very attractive considering the things I want to buy. And the chance to work on the sales level of Dunhill. Sure, it's no Hermes but neither is it as middle class as LV or Gucci which is sadly, thronged with nouveau riche types. Disgusting. The Dunhill store appears genteel and calm, staid and quite sleepy to be frank. It feels like Dior before Galliano, or Gucci before Dawn Mello and Tom Ford.


So I have decided, I need the cash and it'd be fun anyway. Of course, it'd be downright pitiful to earn that pittiance for a real living and I'd sooner shoot myself than earn that sort of money for a living but still, for a bit of fun. Ah yes. Haha, yeah, I shall spend it all on a gift for my mother and my sister. I really should keep to my promise of a diamond a year for my little sister. Oh well, when I get rich enough, I'll buy her that gorgeous canary diamonds cut and set in gold like little sheaves of corn for her.


Yay! The holidays are officially packed. And Alps seriously wants to kill me by arranging a kayaking session.


C'est tout.