Friday, November 04, 2005

Blank Doll takes all.

Ate lunch at the Swensen's at Causeway Point. Yeck, hate that place. It's somewhere above Sun Plaza and Ang Mo Kio and waaaaay below J8 which is in turn, waaaay below Paragon which is in turn waaaay below- you get my point. The thing is, all these people just pop up and you wonder why we even have a population problem when the population density is already so scary. It'd be nicer too if everybody were value-added. Oh no, our population is stuck in the manufacturing age when the world has made it impossible for Singapore to remain in that phase. Yes, maybe that's why I shouldn't be a politician. I would never be well liked because I cannot stand the common public that cannot and will not rise to the occasion in bettering itself to the extent of its own means.


Oh now where did that come from? I need to stop breaking out into politically sensitive issues or at least air my views on how this country ought to be run because clearly, I have now wish to get involved in politics. Although one must admit that the Singaporean Legacy is a beautiful thing to inherit. Look at our people, look at our assets, look at our government, we have achieved a singular state that can truly be called an embryionic utopia. Ok so we don't have the standard of living of Sweden but I believe that if we can only increase the efficieny with which we allocate capital in investments and do stuff that I haven't learnt of but will in this holiday by going to the national library and reading up on public policy and governance, Singapore would be a truly great place to live in. Of course, this in no way changes my dream of moving to Paris because it is there that I can accomplish my goal in life.


Who doesn't like Starck's latest Bac-Black glasses? Ye of little taste. Those beautiful chalices are perfect.


Obviously, I did my sets too. Gruesome. Absolutely gruesome.


Oh and ma has ordered a nice tiramisu cake for my birthday from BreadTalk because the strawberry cream one that I wanted was out of stock. I love cakes and it really is disgusting to have Bengawan Solo cakes for every birthday. Haha, and I spotted a beautiful pair of Converse sneakers in black leather and copper eyelets. Yeah, getting that as school shoes for next year. And of course, the G5 ipod for my birthday. Oh life is sweet. If only I had also asked for the 60 gig ibook or at least bought the Acer 3000 travelmate that Alps is carrying now which is making me salivate each time I look at it. Of course, apple still takes all because I love their design. God, they sure have some cool maven behind the screen designing their stuff. I hope they get Starck to design something for them. A new ipod or a powerbook. Yes!


C'est tout.