Monday, October 17, 2005

le singaporien stupid a ete tue par ses examens.

Firstly, I shall say here that today has been a downright sucky day and that it has proven quite a lot of things to me. A) No matter how hard you work or how much you genuinely love and commit yourself to doing it, you can still fall. B) Nobody's going to console you. C) There are people who will secretly rejoice. D) You reap what you sow so A) B) and C) should always have been there in your mind.

Yes, I am pissed with my results. Et pourquoi pas? Butler said hardwork counts, well from my point of view, it doesn't. Not when the hard work is quantified by how much you crammed in the last few weeks, or how much you secretly devoured or siphoned, or by studying along leads given. No, this is studying not learning. The saddest thing is that the system does not reward constant achievements. It gives the utmost priority to a singular test that against the better judgement and logic of everybody, cannot possibly be an accurate benchmark for work done, for knowledge and for flair.

Call me bitter if you will but this promos has been damn disenchanting. If you see it from my point of view, it's a big decline. It doesn't help that people smirk about it because I know I deserved it. If I had been someone else looking on at me, I'd have been laughing too. But I'm not someone else and I will not be discouraged so easily. Next year, there's always next year. It took me 4 years to climb from 30% in Ahmad until I got within top 20 and today, I think I have transcended the system. Besides, I can always console myself with the fact that I DO NOT NEED MY A LEVELS. So there. :)

Edit: Just checked the Parsons webpage. I DO need my A levels to prove I can speak English, that or take a test. Like hello, obviously I can speak English. And French too mind you though it's a very slow and stilted French. Oh, I also need an essay of motivation and a portfolio of various sketches. Superbe. It's a direct course so NO FOUNDATION. Wahahaha. Foundation is SUPER TOUGH. You need to hand in a self-portrait and a collage AND a 3D sketch. Yucks. Four years at Parsons Paris and thereafter, you can find a job via intern there. Woohoo.

C'est tout.