Saturday, October 15, 2005

fat lil me

Argh, the world is conspiring to keep me from my sets and it pisses me off. What IS wrong with my family and their obsessive need to EAT? Sheesh, we're forever gorging ourselves on food and my mother worries too much about me not eating enough. I'm eating MORE than enough.

Read China Inc and the feeling is well, bitter and sweet. The book should be titled China's Revenge. I mean, look, China was at the top of the world for more than 2000 years and back then, she was a major producer of luxury goods while the barbaric west was creating knock-offs and trying to smuggle silk out of China. It's funny how having been brought so low by a west who finally thought itself at the tip of the world, it is now being gnawed by China from below. A China whom no longer prides itself as the world arbiter of tastes and whom instead uses the sort of cut-throat techniques that once brought her to her knees. Yes, I love it that China is causing such havoc in the manufacturing world. You must understand that no amount of telling me that China was also imperialistic because ultimately, I am not a person given to defending the weak in this case. Yes, so I support China because I can only stay at the periphery, marvelling at the dragon who will rise from the dead to shatter the world so that it may be built in her image. Nonetheless, one cannot feel that China has to crash sooner or later before she can continue her growth. America emerged out of the Great Depression and the World Wars, Modern China will soon have to face her trial by fire if she is to take her place as the penultimate superpower of the world as all roads once again, lead to the heart of civilization as it is centred upon the city of Peking.

C'est tout.