Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blank Doll makes a promise.

Missed half of school on friday for some talk at SMU relating to the budget. It was passing bearable even if it wasn't as I expected it to be. Nothing much to write about that really, save for the fact that it worries me how the future of Singapore can be so uncertain. We need progress, we need prudence. Where do we find the time for liberty if it is a liberty not needed for the economic betterment of our country? The people ask for more social benefits without knowing that they have to pay for it, and the worst, they do not thank those who grant them those benefits. I must say, I'm rather sceptical about the idea of a state arising only from the collective will of the people. Granted I do not believe despotism serves any better good but I do not like the idea that a democracy is inherently superior.


Saturday was the usual. French was good, I'm glad that my friends from classe will be going on to avance as well so I don't have to do it alone. I guess in a way, it's a stress-reliever for me because learning French takes nothing out of me and I get to meet people I wouldn't ordinarily meet. It's quite strange, taking lessons and conversing with people about ten years older than you. There's a new girl who's the youngest now (14) and well, I guess I'm not that little anymore. This is depressing. Really.


Today. My life is so uneventful, unlike our beloved Tong or alot of other people I know. I like to think I'm collecting all this boredom in anticipation of all that fast-paced living that is the affliction of all successful fashion designer. Ha ha, that will be funny. Oh well, sometimes, the dull monotony of my days is really unbearable which is why I need the odd friend here and there to go out with.


M. le roi as usual, is busy serving up prime coffee. You'd think he'd write more, such an idle brother I have.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home