Thursday, February 02, 2006

Blank Doll thinks hard.

What goes with sausages and sweet potato mash? I can't decide what to get the maid to do other than those two and I think some greens are called for. Or at least fish.


I have something to confess: I'm a salad convert. It all started with the warm crab salad I had at Bakerzin, then it was the mango salad Daddy made, then the salade nicoise at Alliance, then it was the wasabi prawn salad at the Coffee Club, then the chicken caesar salad at California's and now, the salmon salad from Coffee Bean. No, it's not about dieting. It's about the freshness of salad greens doused in dressing and then spruced up with some accompanying meat or seafood. It feels healthy and really, who cares about carbos and proteins? Those can come during dinner. For lunch, there's nothing like a good fresh salad, a glass of chilled spring water and a slice of yoghurt terrine. So to those wonderful girls in my class who have introduced me to the world's best cupcakes, please tell me where I can find the world's best salad. NO tofu. Tofu belongs to stir-fries and Asian good, not some strange Californian culinary nightmare.


So there. Today was a great day because it was so bloody short. I now have no homework until TONG decides to email his part of the essay to me so I can do my part. The class arrangement is nice because now those people who need help can get help, unfortunately most of them don't seem to want help. Oh well.


Carrot cake! With icing!


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home