Thursday, May 04, 2006

Blank Doll eats up.

Since I've finished my essay, I think I'm entitled to blog. Really glad that I've finished my econs mcq like ages ago so I don't have to worry about it.


Looking forward to saturday, wot? Come on guys, stay out longer leh.


I don't think I have much to blog today besides the harrowing news that Daddy has been admitted into the hospital. You know, the hospital gives me the chills even though I know that it is where people get better. I just hope nothing bad happens to him.


Came across some old newsletter in school while stoning during math tutorial. Some doofus from the past actually wrote that Rafflesians were hardworking and humble people with their innocence intact as they co-operated with one another to bring about better results all round.


Now where did that come from?


The idea of a wagyu beef burger haunts me still. Ignoring the idea that hawker fare is better because the uncles there have years of experience cooking the same thing (because it's plain silly since these chefs go through years of arduous training, hello, how do you think they happen to be able to make a chocolate souffle perfect everytime round?), I still want to try it. The point is, hawker fare has its own niceties and trust me, I love hawker fare. Especially if its oyster egg or wanton noodles. These things cannot be made in a stainless steel kitchen with two way jet-fuelled stove burners and a fridge I could sleep in but neither can the uncle downstairs make you a foie gras terrine if that's what you're wanting. Ok, I know. Sean, keen defender of snob appeal. Give me a break, you need to taste good food to know good food, so there.


Which gives me an idea, I shall include in every blog entry one food item that I happen to crave for.


Current craving: grilled crab cakes with watercress salad.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home