Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Blank Doll drank too much water.

Darius' birthday today! Spent Math lect and civics at J8 looking for a cake and all. Had coffee with Akesh and Edmond afterwards. We bought this really funny cake with "New Bundle of Joy" written on it and a Hello Kitty one. It tasted sorta gross but heck, it was from Polar so. THE POINT BEING, we are a damn nice class so there.


Econs S was great. You know your country has done great and the PAP has done an excellent job when your ang moh teacher grudgingly gives Singapore credit for her achievement amidst all that poking fun at the government's penchant for telling people how to mind their business. So vote for the PAP guys, you know you should.


I was going to write something about history, beside my South East Asian essay but I can't remember. Somewhere at the back of my head, a thought was formed and lost. I think it was something about there being no such thing as objective history. Or if there is, it isn't the same as what historians seek. What they seek is history devoid of the distortion that is often the mark of a historian. But is that what we need? Do we need an unfeeling, unthinking recount of every little minute detail from the dawn of civilisation? I hardly think that history was meant to fulfil that function. But nevermind, I'll elaborate once I get my thoughts together. I really must jot things down when I think of them though that's usually hard because it usually happens in the toilet. Funny how all thoughts originate from the toilet. The Lord of the Rings originated from the toilet. Of course, that's not really sharp thought because if it would have been a lot shorter if it were.


Gone.


That about sums it up.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home