Monday, February 20, 2006

Blank Doll takes a shot.

Ouch, now I'm definitely afraid. How am I to know that you won't do the same thing to me? Oh but how wonderful is the fire that you cannot touch, moths die by fire, I'd as much cast myself into the pyre that is you.


Oh yay, I broke the 30 mark for push ups and did 40 like what Daniel suggested. What sucks however is that I can't do two repetitions of that so I had to do 40, 30, 30. Ah well, anyway, I was supposed to exercise at an earlier time but fell asleep when I reached home. Sometimes, I wonder where I find time to do work when all I ever do at home are laze around and read irrelevant stuff.


Jing Heng's timeline has proven to be quite interesting even if I will never ever be a historian or an archaelogist. See? I can't even spell it right. It amuses me to witness my ineptitude at spelling because then I remember how the founders of the english language never did agree on how to spell, how to punctuate or how to phrase things. Hence we had to past tense of show as shew, we destroyed the subjonctif and created a wholely irrelevant present perfect while at the same time blurring the imperfect past and the simple past. A bastard tongue indeed, half the words from French with a smattering of German and the rest from obscure sources.


I am a mercenary, yes I know. You don't have to tell me that because I actually take pride in it.


I am now considering if I should wear my new running shoes to school tomorrow for PE because I think I look ridiculous wearing any form of apparel that even slightly suggests an athletic facility which I clearly do not possess. I guess in areas where I know I suck at, I'm exceedingly humble. I'm so humble in fact that I'd much rather not run or jump or do anything like that in the full sight of the bloody good sportsmen in class. Haha, but then again, Daniel already knows so, hmm.


I have but a word to say about the comments I found on the net about RJC. OK, maybe alot of words. Firstly, I came from Ahmad Ibrahim and dared to choose RJ as my school, am I social climber? I dare to apply for the Humanities Scholarship and actually got it, am I rising above my station? I think most people in our school aren't snobs so much as the fact that they see the outside world from a different perspective. We have for example, a girl in class who thinks horses are cheap. I don't think highly of this sort of wealth-induced stupidity but the point is, none of them deliberately try to be snobbish just so people feel bad. Sean is a different matter because he sees the world in a very strange way. Oh and anyway, I am proud of Raffles Junior College even if other people dis our school. I mean, hello, if you're going to criticize our school, then at least show that you can make it in on your own before telling us that our school is 'second rated'. Really, you think RJ students don't know the real world because we think all that matters are intellect? Well sorry but in case you didn't realize, RJ is the best place to realize that more often than not, wealth and popularity can get you to places where sheer hardwork cannot. It is a sad reality of life that I believe most other JCs don't teach their students so don't blame us for being elitist when it just happens that the Raffles alumni, that happy bunch of people, are also some of the most influential people of Singapore.


Wow, that was alot of words, I hope the people who read it actually understand it. :D


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home