Thursday, November 15, 2007

Blank Doll rests

The event that has been the cause of so much interest, experience, pain and work for the past 7 months has finally come to an end. This does not mean that my work is over but it does mean that it is nearly at its end. While I do enjoy working on such events, I am tired and want my rest. I have learnt a lot from my superiors, more than I thought I would. There were good moments and bad moments. I have discovered that I have a temper for one and that I really can't stand bosses weaker than me.


Also, the beginning of November signals the beginning of consumption. A period I have kicked off with the purchase of a raw silk shawl for my mother. It is black to go with her silver one. I am contemplating the virtues of a tablet as well as a pair of shoes. My mother's friend's trip to Paris seems too much of an opportunity to be missed and I really want to piggyback on his duty free. Alas, scarcity forces me to choose and I think I shall have to postpone my tablet to next year or perhaps as a gift from my parents.


You know, this idea of scarcity has got me thinking. I was thinking, while having one of my usual gastric attacks that so much of what is precious in life is defined by its scarcity. The perfect moments of life are delineated by limitations, by pain and I suppose that is why abundance dulls the soul's delight in the world.


In which case heaven must be a horrid place.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home