Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Blank Doll

I am suddenly fixated with the whole idea that were I to buy a vintage Dior Homme suit (yes, they are vintage now since Slimane no longer works at Dior, get them quick), I'd probably not be able to squeeze into them. I swear they have a maximum girth of like 25 inch or something. They look so good! And skinny!


There is no excuse for people NOT to aspire to and then get a liposuction as soon as possible. It's the same with botox facials and facelifts. Wisdom is wonderful and all but I'd rather die at the age of 85 with minimal wrinkles. We live in an age of plastic.


Was talking to a friend about economics and was rather affronted by his strident claim that econometrics was the only relevant strain of economics. I'm no subscriber to welfare economics nor am I somebody who's very well versed in economics but I hate to think that the dismal science could be so bastardized by mathematicians. Great, I can't even spell them. I mean sure, they bring statistical rigor and open up lots of interesting vistas for economists to explore but always there is the risk of diluting the intellectual vigor and elegance for which the field is known. If the whole point of mathematics is to simplify and rationalize, I doubt reducing Fischer's Theory of Interest into a litany of functions and summations would be in the interest of the inquisitive layman.


I need to read Veblen and his leisure class. I suspect it'd appeal to me.


National day is coming and I'm getting the patriotic tingle again. Sometimes, I have no idea why I won't just give up my ambition and join the damn civil service since every inch of my moral and intellectual fibre yearns to contribute (!!) to society.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home