Friday, July 20, 2007

Blank Doll

Oh gosh, I'm suddenly so desperate for a liposuction I think I'll rob the bank.


Hectic hectic week. I love my office with all my nice superiors, especially G4 who despite being demanding and dreaded by most of his colleagues, is actually a very nice guy and the sort of man who could qualify for Father Figure status. Not easy considering my dim view of men old enough to be my dad.


Meeting on Wednesday lasted till 10 30pm but it was ok because there was the surreal after experience of watching Wenli and Shungs play dota in the ops room.


Oh and I made a honey souffle. Wait, I meant to say I screwed up a honey souffle all because I was too impatient and took it out of the oven half cooked. There is nothing more disgusting than an uncooked souffle. Ok, there are a lot of things AS disgusting but certainly not many things more disgusting than it.


My hip still hurts although it's much better now. NO THANKS TO EVERYBODY ELSE WHO MAKES ME WALK UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS.


Oh god, I feel so fat now. I really reall really want a liposuction. Mummy thought I was crazy when I told her I wanted one and that I was going to save up so I could get one before I leave for Parsons.


Anyway, just listened to Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega and I think she really is first and foremost a poet. I like the frisson she creates by putting in juxtaposition the casual familiarity as well as the comfortable anonymity of a round-the-corner diner. She employs ambiguity a lot in her lyrics. I don't know if this is due to carelessness or if she's deliberately making you think even as you sing along.


No, I don't sing aloud.


Anyway, Sun at Chijmes has a 1 for 1 sushi lunch/dinner and I want somebody to go for it with me. Anyone up for sushi? Wait, don't say. I know the right person.


I just read yet another article on El Bulli and I am suddenly obsessed with how they make their olive oil candies. You can't get alignate in Singapore I swear.


Also, Hermes for men this season kicks ass. Molton Brown has a deliciously spicy perfume with major black pepper notes. I need to get a sandwich at Hediard just to see how good it really is. I need an easel, wonder if I can steal one from Ahmad Ibrahim. Xuan's going to have to help me on that one :p


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home