Saturday, June 30, 2007

Blank Doll

The past two days (three if you count today) have been rather at once incredibly fulfilling and tiring. I don't even want to talk about the emotional highs and lows but suffice to say, my family devours me.


Anyway, I digress. Massage at Red, White & Pure was delicious. The service was impeccable and I bought a peony perfume for my mother because it suited her so. Lunch there was even better. I had a pumpkin gnocchi which was beautiful and very healthy since it was seasoned with celery foam. Mummy had a really inspired sesame cod with pea soup. The pea soup was really fresh and did I mention that they serve a mean roast pumpkin? Dessert was nothing special though, should have taken the lavender infused pear.


Shopped with Mummy at Vivo for a while longer. Mummy and I found Tom Ford aviators, still deciding if I should get them since she has kindly offered to buy them for me. Mummy prefers the Dior shades though.


We had dinner at Sun with Moon thereafter. We had the usual sashimi and sushi. The dessert was delightful though! I really love the spiced candied tomatoes. You lick it and it tastes like a lolly and then you bite through the brittle caramel and the burst of tomato juice does wonders in bringing out the spice of the caramel.


After dinner, Mummy and I walked around and we saw this little shop that sold beautiful tiny desserts. Apparently, dessert shops are getting more and more common in Singapore and you can now have a macaroon wherever you are. We had a lot to talk about before finally going back home. I love spending days out with Mummy.


Friday was spent with Jessie. Lunch at the Royal Copenhagen Lounge where we shared a foie gras salad and a really huge platter of cold cuts, pate, smoked salmon, mushroom ragout and pickled herrings. I love talking with Jessie because we can talk about everything and she never takes anything too seriously. The world has too many melancholic people.


This was followed by more shopping before going down to a parent-teacher meeting. I'm the perfect brother, the "surrogate parent" as Jessie calls it. Dinner at Basil Alcove, a secluded little restaurant at Middle Road that's really cheap and good. Had the duck with balsamic vingar and mussels. Fabulous.


New classmates in French lesson today. Bought a few cds including a Bartok and a Pink Martini.


My family's mad but I love my life.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home