Monday, August 07, 2006

Blank Doll casts revive.

Nothing much today except for the fact that I thought of something.


Is there ever a day when I don't?


I remember something a dear girl told me once when I told I wrote an essay about asking the poor to fuck off and she reacted quite badly. Well, of course I didn't write about that. Nothing that simple.


What I wanted to point out was that the girl was operating on some code of morality which got to me. It made me think and lest this girl think I'm on the verge of conversion, no. It just got me thinking about how irrational religion makes some of us and how apparently intelligent people may adhere with any degree of sincerity to religion.


You believe in society, you believe in its functions and the social contract. Yet you also build an entire code of conduct, of actions and judgment based on some perceived set of rules established by your God. Isn't that rather strange?


It is wrong to kill your brother, but is killing your foe right? Well, I'd argue that both aren't wrong. When you think about it, on what basis have you set your morals upon? Who guarantees your morals? Faith? Is faith ever a good dispenser of justice?


Better still, people who propound that they love their common kin, that they want to do good and give back to society. How can you, from the base vantage of an individual rise above your singular self to see society from the lofty vantage of God? It does not make sense. Surely you have no incentive to look beyond your own needs or that of the people around you whom you at least have some basis for love since you have been bound together by time and blood.


Humans can be so irrational some times. They casually forget the atrocities and rank darkness at their hearts yet clutch onto the flimsiest of values.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home