Sunday, August 06, 2006

Blank Doll says hello.

It is near noon and I've just woken up. I had a dream that was as protracted as it was weird since it involved my little sister, my primary six form teacher, Mervyn of all people, Akesh, Daniel, Geri, Xuan and a strange auntie who sells lego blocks instead of food in the canteen. I can only remember bits of it though, pity.


I ate an interesting dish yesterday which was perhaps the only good thing that came out of that particular meal. There was like a layer of stewed radish followed by a layer of foie gras and then another layer of both. The entire thing was simmered in some sort of broth and topped with bonito flakes and smatterings of cheese.


Now, we all know Sean despises most types of fusion food but this was actually quite good. Or maybe it was just the foie gras.


Now I am eating two open-faced toast with peanut butter and wondering why I have come to love peanut butter again. This has probably something to do with the peanut butter hello pandas that XJ gave to me the other day to try. I never used to like peanut butter on account of it looking too easy.


All right, yes, Sean believes that good food shouldn't be easy to prepare. Apparently, Sean can be wrong. Oh wait, those of you who would use good sashimi as an example, don't. Good sashimi is the result after all, of the chef's craft. You try cutting sashimi, or choosing the fish.


Speaking of fish, Botan shrimp sashimi is quite nice. You ought to try it.


Back to peanut butter sandwiches. I suddenly have this idea of having two thick slices of apricot and walnut brioche toasted lightly in the grill and smothered in home made peanut butter stirred with a touch of honey. Add a glass of chilled rose tea or a flask of the freshest milk and you have breakfast to die for.


C'est les choses simples dans la vie qui la font bien, n'est-ce pas? Mais bien sur, vous le ne comprendriez pas même si je vous expliquais.


Oh yeah, and I do refer you to a certain blog rightly titled Really Sad under my links and if you have nothing to do, explain to the poor unenlightened chap there that we live in civil society with proper codes of civility and a wilful desire to contravene these codes makes one fit only for the wilderness.


Cheers. :D


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home