Friday, June 23, 2006

Blank Doll sighs.

Afternoon tea at the Fullerton tomorrow. This is relief, I tell you. I cannot wait for the Common Tests to be over because then I can reset and gear up. The holidays have unwound me to the extent where I know find layers of my intellectual self scattered across the floor like dense piles of rushes. This of course means that the room begins to get hot and until I gather my mind and store it all back within my physical core, I can't regain my indifference and my love for the subjects.


Borrowed the memoirs of Duc de St. Simons which is like the coolest book ever. The French nobility was beautiful while it lasted. Don't give me the talk about how corrupted they were and stuff because I probably know more about it than you but for now, let me bask in some noble ideal that no longer exists. I like courts anyway, be it Chinese or French. You see, the thought of doing nothing but intriguing and gossiping while the country goes to rot rather appeals to me.


And yes, I can say that because I'm not going to apply for Government's money to study abroad. See? One more scholarship place for someone who deserves it more (for hardwork) or less (for loyalty to the Country) than me.


Anyway, the idea of French courtiers being weak and insipid is so erroneous only ignorant people can think it up. We are talking of a race whom Castiglione described as warlike with no liking for scholarship during the Renaissance.


So the next time you happen to be tempted to use the word 'Frenchy' with contempt, pause and think. Because a) you are embarrassing yourself by not using the more appropraite 'Gallic' since that would make the word 'frog' alliterate and b) the French courtiers whom you sniff at could probably slice your arse into inches faster than you could slice bread.


Of course, the Chinese are superior since we are practically adepts at tricking barbarians into doing things our way. Just ask the poor Mongolians who find themselves under Chinese rule now. I would laugh at them if I were a Communist cadre but as it were, I simply find it amusing.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home