Thursday, June 15, 2006

Blank Doll confesses.

I have something to confess. This is going to be distressing for those of you who know me and who actually care about me but, and this is serious, I have a fascination for the material. This explains my interest in food, clothes, apartments, real estate, shiny stuff, horology, antiques, cocktails, hotels, big cities and everything money can buy.


It's really hard having to balance all that with the other side of me which is the part that craves the intellectual rigour that can come from intensive reading on things like Japanese behavourial patterns, Oriental trade with the world and obscure things like the Byzantine economy in the first millenia.


Sometimes it gets even harder when I think about what I am going to be and do in the future. To succumb to this baseness must certainly be better than to actually be a base fashion designer with intellectual pretensions right? We cannot, and what pity, all be Prada any more than she herself can be. Some of us happen to love the sheer, unrepentant comsumption that is a Gucci or a Dior.


At this moment, I am openly drooling over the St. Regis hotel in Aspen because they have the most beautiful suites. This is almost as good as drooling over the Ambassadeur at the Hotel Crillon. Ah, the wonders of the Internet. Now I can look at all the perfect gems of a real estate at Christie's and Sotheby's with a click of the mouse.


Since I cannot have my perfect education with me locked inside a library full of every single book I could ever want to read as well as an unlimited supply of hot chocolate and muffins, I can at least dream about the perfect life.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home