Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Blank Doll sits still.

For some strange reason, I actually like the Democrats more than the Republicans even though I hate their annoying let's-coddle-our-neighbour-and-sing-a-song-of-political-correctness stance. Then again, I hate the Republican's Hallelujah-and-smite-thy-neighbour-who-ain't-white-and-a-lover-of-god attitude.


I am more than passing glad that our country is a model of political steadiness. Seriously, it takes courage or really good skill to maintain a country without a welfare system and yet not get kicked out of power as well as maintain the highest standards of efficacy and integrity in governance.


What am I talking about? I'm just a shallow boy who'd kill for foie gras.


Anyway, has anyone seen the Bentley Interncontinental Flying Spur? Absolutely fascinating. I could go on and on about it. What I really like is the fact that it's a four-door with such speed.


Moving along, PETA is weird. We're not talking about Indonesian paramilitary weird (it IS Indonesia right? Not Burma right?)here, we're talking about save-the-animals weird here. Of course, I'm never one to promote unusual cruelty for fun. Well, I would actually but not on animals.


The point being really that how can you advocate the non-killing of animals when the entire ecological order, Mankind's place at the top of it all, depends on it? It really is absurd that you will shun leather and fur but not wool which is shorn from cloistered lambs doomed to live their collective lives under the yoke of Man. Think you that plants have no feelings? Think you that the deprivation of life, the very act itself, knows the difference between a cow and a rocket (the vegetable, silly)?


Besides, fur and leather are beautiful fabrics. Keep your rubbishy cottons to yourself, unless they're Sea Island cotton. Or Egyptian cotton. With a thread count above 400.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home