Sunday, May 07, 2006

Blank Doll says hi.

Yesterday was nice though not as nice as it'd have been if we'd all gone out earlier and then got ourselves really drunk. All right, so I was late. Blame the customs for the delay. Seriously, do you think I could possibly want to go to malaysia of all places? I wouldn't step in there if it weren't for the fact that everything there's so cheap. Which scares me because their cost of production is so much less than ours. Argh, why did I have to learn economics? Now everything worries me.


Anyway, yeah, met Akesh, Bhavan, James, Candice, Liyana, Geri, Val and her petit ami Jordan. Haha, they're like so sweet. The area was quite crowded yesterday and after a lot of aimless walking, we found ourselves a place to stop by, what was that again, was it cafe iguana or something? Yeah, anyway, James, Geri and I went to the merchant court's lounge to have a starter first. Haha, well, Geri's starter happened to be her last because she drank a very nice lychee martini like it was a can of coke and her face was so red. Stuck with champagne. I think I'm addicted to bubbly, heck, I even like cocktails that fizz.


Geri had to go home afterwards. Damn.


Went to that cafe place to meet up with the rest. Reunion proved to be short-lived because it was really crowded and noisy. Candice came up with a nice suggestion so it was off to jazz at southbridge. Val and Jordan came along so it was quite nice. Had a good chat with them, god, I never knew I could talk with Candice! You learn all sorts of stuff when ya come out after the sun's gone down, ya know.


Honey Bears are delicious. Imagine that, manuka honey with vodka and lime juice. Sweet. Too bad Candice had to go back so early, decided to accompany her back to leave the couple alone. Sheesh, my drinking partner is sooo bu ziang yi qi. But nevermind, I'm happy that she's happy with someone who's as happy to be with her. Better than some weird freak anyway, or some jerk for that matter.


Today was altogether different. Having slept at 3 last night and having to wake up at 9 this morning wasn't fun. Still, managed to get down to Au Jardin at Les Amis.


You'd be surprised how having to wait for cabs makes my mother wish that I'd take driving lessons. I learn how to drive, she throws in a car. How cool is that?


Oh yeah, the brunch there wasn't too bad. Hell, it was actually delicious although not as delicious as I'd expected. I need something to give me culinary orgasm, not the comfy warm feeling of eating something familiar. Nonetheless, the ambience was there and nothing could be better than brunch there. It was really relaxed and the people there were great.


Food. I liked the asparagus soup which was buttery the way I like it. The entree buffet was quite nice too. I liked the asparagus alot because it was so fresh. The scallops were good too. The pheasant was a tad dry but heck, pheasant's game and it's meant to be. The mushroom salad was good and I really liked the stuffed peppers. What I really liked was the foie gras terrine because I am a die-hard fan of foie gras. I thought the potatoes could have used more truffles and less butter though. I love the bread rolls, especially the brown one because ya could taste molasses and grain. My main course was also a tad dry but it was salvaged by the inestimable sauce, some tomato fricasse which really was clever. Dessert was good. Really good. I loved the chocolate tart because the chocolate wasn't sweet, it was rich. The musk melon was delicious as was the apple and brandy custard.


It was a good meal overall that was made better with a stroll through the Botanic Gardens thereafter.


And then I've been slouching around for the entire day. Sheesh.


Won't talk about the elections now. Suffice to say, I'm very disappointed with the PAP this time round. This is NOT a strong mandate. This is a wake-up call.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home