Friday, April 07, 2006

Blank Doll takes a pie.

Today was a super tiring day as usual. I never expected JC life to be so filled with stuff to do, glad as I was to dedicating my last few years in the academic discipline to study and fast. We had a short day today which was good because during break, Sarah, XJ, Val, Geri and me went to get Macs. I didn't know where the guys disappeared to after Mrs. B's lesson so I went with them to Macs where we heard this fellow rj girl saying that all rj girls are smart. Hello, have you seen how class? I do beg to differ.


Then we walked back to school, there being no cabs to be found. Econs was quite interesting and relatively simple even if I didn't have my notes. I guess it's quite intuitive at this point, after grappling with all the nitty gritty concepts of microeconomics in J1. It's quite refreshing to know that with the possible exception of Mr. Smith, most economists were fun-loving people of their decade, often hanging out in salons and hurling vulgarities at one another in the guise of intellectual debates.


Darius has been very nice recently. I don't think he deserves any of the scorn we pour on him now because he has tried his best to align himself with the class. Yes, I agree that I don't hold a high opinion of his academic talent and I do attribute his good results to sheer hardwork. But really, how many of us can thrive on academic talent alone? How many of us don't have to put in hardwork to do well? Really, at least his hardwork pays off and he has never claimed to be intellectually gifted or even looked down on people who aren't. So Darius, after such a long time, I finally acknowledge and vindicate your presence in class even if I still don't treat you as my equal :P Keep it up, I've been quite impressed so far.


For some strange reason, I suddenly see Akesh running around the LT with arms flailing around wildly with the two orange ribbons in his hair. Outre.


R Project was infinitely tiring. I am convinced that it takes more than curiosity to be a great fashion designer which makes me all the more determined to master my sewing skills because more than ever, I am firm in my convictions that I have what it takes to take Paris by storm. This is not my best. Wait till you see my best.


Anyway, there were tonnes of runs. I ate alot of pocky which strangely comes in a specific packaging which says 'for Men' and then I ate brownies. Val, cheer up! It's a special dress and I like your colour scheme so don't look so afraid of your dress. Some of the girls are really hot even if some of them really cannot make it. There was a guy who was very annoying and loud. Haha, funny isn't it? I don't like loud and annoying people even if on certain occasions, I can be annoying if still not loud. The stereotype fashion designer repulses me.


I just thought of something. I am proud to be a Rafflesian. We Rafflesians, or RJCians to be more specific, have something that others don't. We are reared in an environment of wealth, of talent, of social skills and politics. It is a world of hypocrisy, of subtle ranks and discriminations. It is a place where a particular brand of culture rules, where muffins from Marmalade Pantry are the norm, where people don't flood the mrt as a rule because cabs exist, where accents are cherished and where we can build this particular elitism that is so us. So yes, Hwa Chong may instill honour, the willingness to help your mates or a benign intelligence to its pupils. But it is us who will fare the best in the real world because unlike those sad sods who criticize us for living in our own little world, we are patently built for the politics of the real world that is also beyond the petty mediocrity of the common mass.


There, my little dose of snobisme for the day.


Reached home, went to sleep. Woke up for dinner. No Sarah, I didn't go run after all because it looked as if it were going to rain. Instead, I did my sets again and upped the ante. But I don't feel pain anymore. *sigh*


I need new weights. Thanks Daniel for the old ones! :D


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home