Sunday, April 02, 2006

Blank Doll sleeps.

You know, we should all do more of this stuff because we're still young and ageing doesn't set in yet.


Yesterday was a super rushed day as expected. Took my sister to French, finished reading a couple of research papers on a) Marginal Social Cost Pricing and Transport in the EU, b) Land Distribution and CPF in Singapore, c) Urban Redevelopment in Singapore and d) Income Distribution in Singapore. You'd be surprised to know this but Singapore as of 2001 had a Gini co-efficient of 0.469 which means that we're pretty income unequal. Singapore supposedly has a 'First World GNP per capita' but a 'Developing Third World wage level'. This is good I guess in some ways though I shall not elaborate here because that's not the point. The point is, Singapore's income inequality is worsening. Aw, how sad.


Anyway, afterwards, I rushed my sister back home and then went back to school for the R project rehearsals. Candice's dress kept falling of her so I guess we're going to have to do something about it. Oh and then her jacket was done on the spot. I quite love what I did for her, given that I used all of one and a half hours to do her dress and like, half and hour to cut and tack her jacket. Oh and then she had to sweep her floor :P Ah but the runway walk so needs to be improved. We need another rehearsal for sure.


Then Sarah, Candice, Liyana and me went to Taka to find food for the party. Sarah was going to buy ribs but ended up buying Tori Q even though I suggested she substituted it with charsiew. I bought Royce chocs for the class because I love them :D


Then we took a cab to James' place and the cabdriver was really funny because he thought the girls were all speaking in a foreign tongue and Candice sucked at Mandarin. You should hear Candice speak Hokkien. Oh so we finally found James' place and then we got LOST at James' place looking for his house. Found it after a looong walk.


Things started to get interesting when Akesh came and they opened the alcohol cabinet. They took a Chivas Regal, a Bailey's, this Peach thing-um and something else that was finished way early. Edmond drank from the bottlecap! Haha, oh yeah, and there was food. Tori Q from Sarah, samosas from Ed, chicken wings from Val, salad from Geri, ice and drinks from Daniel, bread from Bhavan, goreng pisang from Nick, little chicken munchies from God knows who, chicken from Stally and chocs from me. It was really good. Especially when it was all washed down with a few glasses of whiskey with coke and other stuff followed finally with a very light wine that Daniel brought along with him. Thanks Daniel. :)


I think I got a little high at this point because we played truth or dare and I don't want to remember what I did. Oh the nice thing was, we went for a dip in James' place's pool! Haha, yeah, in the night at like 10 00 plus. Swam until the haze sort of cleared with Daniel, Ed and Stally. I think I went into a trance again while I was in the pool. Oops.


Then went to shower at James' place because Val and Geri wanted to go down to town. James has nice clothes and I must really have been drunk if I was ok wearing that red a/x shirt.


His dad drove us to Wisma's Nude. Ya know, the Indochine one? Yeah and then we ordered some cocktails to share. I finally got to try Kir Royale which is the world's best cocktail and my dream drink since I was a small little boy, Val got a champagne cocktail that didn't taste too good so as usual, we swapped drinks. Geri and Daniel got this really nice pina colada drink and James just ate rice rolls. The atmosphere was sort of nice because there weren't many people there. It's not an IT place and it wasn't too noisy so we could talk which we did :P and somewhere along the line, I broke a glass. Haha, clumsy me.


After the people started coming in, all of a singular persuasion, Val, James and I left the couple alone and went to Starbucks for coffee. I had a Tazo tea which was red as was Kir Royale. Haha, how cool is that? To match the red shirt that I was wearing. We spoke for some length, it's funny because I never knew I could speak with Val and James on such topics like marriage. It was nice, just to chill there and we saw Akesh's name written on the Starbuck's wall. Sheesh, you're always there somehow :P


Went home finally after some time. The taxi uncle spoke to me again. Why do taxi uncles always talk to me? Haha, they must think me to be very friendly or something.


Ah well, got home at 2 30, Pa was still awake waiting for me. Thank goodness I brought keys along. Showered, changed and went to sleep at 3 am.


NO HANGOVER TODAY!! Haha, yeah, swim after you get drunk people, it works like a miracle.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home