Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blank Doll

Oh gosh, the kid's got exam tomorrow and I'm sadly too drained to give her tuition today. I'm responsible enough to feel guilt but not actually responsible enough to do it. God I hate myself.


Actually, I don't. Not when I have my trusty anons in the tagboard to do the hating for me. (HELLO TO YOU!)


Lunch with Jessie is always very very good, interesting and wholly insightful. We had lunch at Iggy's which I tell you, is a very very good restaurant. I don't care if half the world thinks it's overhyped, it's good. I love the decor and the atmosphere. I love the lisping JJ whom I swear I will charm into submission with subsequent visits until he remembers my name. I love the gorgeous gorgeous olive bread they served and the way they put fleur de sel in front of you when you ask for salt. I love the freshness of the buffalo mozarrella and the cute baby tomatoes they served as an amuse bouche. I love the beautifully arranged and composed soba with parmesan and ham which was just bursting with so much flavour from the inspired sauce of aspic and pesto. I love the kurobuto with the onion confit that just melts in your mouth and the mash potato which is to die for. Finally, I love the maple syrup ice cream (no foam!) and the so wittily unpretentious (not to mention oxymoronic) milk chocolate parfait served in a cone and french toast. Oh, one peeve, the chopsticks were disgusting.


And that's just the food. Sweet Jessie is bracing, talks sense where sense is asked for, exudes lightness when I'm brooding about my own emotional retardation and generally makes me laugh. I swear I crack more lame jokes with her than with anyone else. The days pass too fast and soon she will be gone. Sigh. Meanwhile, I swear I shall find something suitably profound yet typically shallow to give to her.


A diy Chanel tattoo maybe.


Anyway, another equally good lunch at Jaan on saturday. Jaan has a very good and very cheap lunch on most weekdays which is one of those steals you can find in Singapore. Firstly, there is the view. So breathtaking! Then there is the food which is generous and good. The braised wagyu cheeks were so so good as was the tagliatelle with parmesan and prawns. I loved their spicy salmon sashimi and their chicken ballotin too. The desserts won't too spectacular though I did enjoy my yuzu parfait with raspberry coulis. Piggy kept switching plates with me so I had to eat her food too but who's complaining. The place is quiet and I was really quite impressed with the plating. Nothing too fancy but so so beautiful. What I also love is the Feed at Raffles card which makes every meal at raffles a STEAL.


I need to stop eating like this because I just realised that my food bills for August ran up to nearly a thousand which is what I could have spent on say a pair of beautiful Gucci booties. They should totally give me a loyalty card at Canele's as I eat there at least once a week if not twice.


Then there was the jarring experience of being a slave to the army whilst preparing for the army half marathon which yes, somebody died at. I was serving drinks and didn't sleep at all for an entire day and now I'm completely tired and exhausted and my weekend felt like nothing. I'm also very annoyed with the fucking irresponsibility of certain people in the army. Master sargeants should all be thrown into a dust bin somewhere labelled "DO NOT REUSE OR RECYCLE".


Hopefully my schedule pulls through and amidst all the chaos, I shall be earning a little bit more cash, tightening the old purse strings, going out for another dinner with Jessie darling and meeting dear Kai Mind (for the first time) for dinner and if Sarah doesn't die from the loan sharks I shall very soon send after her, go out with Sarah to get rid of the jitterbugs.


Banana and nutelle crepe cake coming right up along with orange chocolate cupcakes, pear tarts and a ham and onion quiche.


I need a sewing machine so I can MAKE A DRESS. It's driving me crazy, I need to figure out how Galliano got chiffon silk to make the beautiful butterfly dresses from ten years ago.


I'm writing too quickly because time is so so so limited and my life is just bursting with light and darkness. Always there is darkness even if there's light.


I need to go to Paris now. Not next year, not the year after but now. I don't even really want to go to Tokyo or New York even though either one will be in this year's schedule.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home