Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blank Doll eats grass.

Glorious post-exam day today thanks to my mother.


Yes, I get out of the house only after 3pm. Went to Canele once more to have tea with my mother. Indulged in macaroons again and ate the strawberry shortcake which was a charm. Mummy liked the place as expected and told me about her clubbing days at Double O.


We walked all the way to Goodwood Park hotel, along the way talking to her beautician at the SkII counter who looks very pretty thanks to Botox and dentistry. Worth the walk though because tea was too much. Oh, and I asked an idiot salesperson if they stocked Tom Ford's Black Orchid and he said he's never heard of it, what an imbecile. It's quite like the woman at Paul Smith who had no idea what split yokes were for.


Went to the Aspara for a massage, just what I needed after the A levels. Service was discreet and nice. The people there thought I was taking an old mother out for a massage, funny how you can fool people over the phone. Well, it was a decent massage although I've tried better. I like the service though.


Then, Mummy and I went to Bugis Junction to get my sunglasses. They are resolutely, absolutely perfect. Seriously. I was born to wear sunglasses. Actually, that probably means I don't have nice eyes. What the hell, they're a pretty pair.


Dinner at Ah Teng's at Raffles. Don't you love Kipling for coming up with "When in Singapore, feed at Raffles". Damn his White Man's burden. I think I ate a little too much there since Mummy ordered the crayfish hor fun (crayfish shell is edible!) and I ordered the fried rice. I hate rice, except in sushi.


Walked through Chijmes with Mummy talking about The Past and how we're all glad it's over and we're all more wonderful and enviable for it. My childhood was a good trial by fire for a spoilt child like me.


Just a thought, I want to grow up to be the sort of person who scares people without having to raise my voice. I think I'm getting there, considering I can now get salespeople into all sorts of confusion until they pass me over to the manager.


I will survive.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home