Saturday, November 25, 2006

Blank Doll was wondering.

It seems amusing to me that economics exhort us to be rational then people appeal to our sense of humanity and morals. Fair trade, why ought I support fair trade if it's going to cost more to me than free trade? Why do I care what happens to another person (and by extension the good of society) if it does not affect my individual pleasure? Why would I want to pay more tax just for the sake of social redistribution if I'm not going to get a larger share than that which I pay? Why wouldn't I want to take advantage of the system to enrich myself?


Don't you love the human mind? Such a complicated thing for the simplest of ends.


Il pleut comme un vache qui pisse. The things we learn in French school.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home