Friday, June 30, 2006

Blank Doll sighs.

Exams are finally over. Thank goodness.


For some strange reason, I got on the bus to Chinatown with Candice and Kristine and then spent an entire afternoon with them there. We had dim sum at some place which was surprisingly good given that the best dim sum is not found in Chinatown. Then we went all over the place looking for this place with tonnes of belt stuff (Candice's words, not mine) and she ended up looking at lewd playing cards. We did finally manage to go to this place where it was really hot and they were fiddling with buttons and stuff while I watched.


Lol.


Then they went to Club St. and I think girls really marry for the wedding cake, gown and the chance to dress up the baby. We went to this cake store that had really beautiful cakes, am determined to order the lavender cake for Ma. Then there were the little stores that were really cool. There was this one where they sold really nice furniture and stuff, I really liked the martini glasses and shaker set. Went into a baby shop, yes, don't ask why. Went to other places to and this art books place that had these really cool notebooks for the designer trying to prove that not all designers are dumb. Like, how can you call designers dumb when they manage to make so much money and make their job look good?


Sat down for a drink with them and then I rushed off first. Realized I was late for a movie with Xuan, Ying and Tzehock. I didn't actually realize what we were watching until I stepped into the cinema on account of me being late. I do not really try to be late just to be fashionable even if it often looks like I do. Turned out we were watching The King and the Clown.


Anyway, went for dinner thereafter. We ordered lots at the Spagheddi (how the hell do you spell that?) at Paragon so we could catch up and eat at the same time. I think I ate too much. Xuan was sick and I think she passed her sickness to me when I drank from her water bottle, so yes, it IS her fault even if she denies it.


Went to Kino. Hinted to them that I really wanted the Louis Vuitton collection book for all my professed contempt for that brand. It IS a major luxury powerhouse and helped launch the spectacular career of M. Jacobs that is to date on par with M. Galliano and only shadowed by the ultra long career of M. Lagerfeld and M. Armani.


Took the bus back home. It was a really long ride. It really is quite strange, the human capacity for friendship. You make friends and talk with people you never used to talk to. The friend you once thought closest to you turns out to be insignificant. You meet some people who remain your friends for life (I hope.) and there are people whom you meet once and hope you can keep them forever. Friendship is a peculiar thing and I think, much more preferable than love.


Taking honeyed water now to soothe my imminent sore throat.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home