Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blank Doll had lunch.

Went out with Ying today for lunch at Paragon's Ding Tai Fung where we ordered a whole lot of dishes. It's quite affordable there even though the food's good.


Spent more time talking with her thereafter, it's really nice to catch up with old friends like this. There's just something comforting about having a friend that can stand against the tide of time and novelty, not many friends are up to that test.


So we bought ice cream and then walked around. Knocked off at Borders before taking the train back home where when I told her about the history of colonialism in South East Asia and the European incursion in China.


Oh, and I worked out in the morning and in the evening so I feel so much better. Yesterday's run was a mess. I resolve to stick to a proper path and finish my 5 km properly the next time round.


Borrowed a few interesting books, one of which has the below extract-


Petronias: If virtue is beautiful then a real connoisseur of beauty is a virtuous man. In other words I'm a virtuous man. Hmmm, I'll have to spill a little wine today to the ghosts of Protagoras, Prodicus and Georgias; it seems there's some use for sophistry after all.


From the book Quo Vadis. Fascinating read.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home