Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blank Doll speaks a word for everyone.

I shall try to do what I would have done at Christmas if not for the fact that I was too tired and that today would be a better day for it. No, no resolutions for me because the resolutions I have set are meant to guide my entire life. Here I speak a word for everyone whom I care for.


To Hew Ting: My dear friend, I saw your mother this morning and she looked sad. I don't think this sorrow will ever die though it may fade upon the whitewash of time. Still, I do so wish that you could somehow still be here with us in spirit if not in flesh. I miss you sorely, oh we all do. Though you left the world in despair, know that this year has been sadly amiss without you. You know, I remember the last time you came for New Year at my place and we counted the belated cheerings at midnight. What I would give to relive that moment with you. So for remembrance, Happy New Year my beloved friend.


To Xuan: Grah! I want more pie! You know what? I think you've been the greatest comfort to me among all my friends this year because you answered to the call of friendship when you could and for that, I am grateful. I will always remember the little things we do and the laughter we share. Look not to times when I have brooked your image in disdain because all is naught when it comes to our enduring amity. Thank you Xuan, for being my friend through thick and thin.


To Ying: I do not care if you wish to hide yourself within the comforts of your home, willing your old friends to forget about you because even if you refuse to make the effort to renew our friendship, I will. You have added alot to my childhood and without you, I doubt I would have as many memories as I do. Oh yes, don't think for a moment that I do not enjoy your company because I do. Happy New Year Slug, it's been a great pleasure to have you as a friend.


To Cecilia: It may come that eventually, we will part as friends. Put aside old rivalries, old claims of friendship because in the coming year, I bid you enter a new convenant with me. May our amity last through another year of bickering, of bitching and bonding. Jealousies aside, I think I cherish our friendship enough for the two of us so no matter. You'll always be my friend. Happy New Year!


To Chia: My silent friend, I think this year has been most fruitful for you because you truly have changed. No wonder that I come to enjoy your company all the more and indeed, I do not regret having been your friend all this time. I have a strange feeling our friendship will go a long way so fret not, enjoy this New Year as we look forward to our next gathering.


To Jeff: Ah my darling boy, how could I have passed this year without you? For shame! You turned up on neither my birthday nor christmas eve! Unforgiveable! I charge you, come this year, you must at least attend one gathering with us. I shan't say anything more to you other than Happy New Year!


To Joshua: Happy New Year to you! Is it just me or have you grown up a little? Haha, I think you're finally beginning to care about where you go in life! Good on you! Happy New Year and take care in the coming year that you don't lose sight of your path. Oh, and let not your christian god come between our friendship, I'd hate to lose another friend to him.


To Daniel: Hello! Hello! Thanks for being my friend at the start of the year! You know how I felt about the class at the beginning and my, how glad I am to have somebody feel the same. Nonetheless, we have at least gone through a year with our wits and sanity intact and that, I must say, is no mere feat. Happy New Year to you and best of luck to you and those you care for. :D


To Geri: I don't know why my intelligence falters the moment I think of our class but oh well, HAPPY NEW YEAR GERI! Haha, you've been a nice friend even if I haven't known you for long. Let's hope for a greater friendship in the coming year as we BEAT THE A LEVELS! Oh, and thanks for not being bimbotic.


To Xiao Jun: Xiao mei! Thanks for being my friend at the start of this year, still remember how I first spoke to you. It's good to have at least one other person in class who actually takes some measure of pride in the Chinese culture and you've certainly proven to be a good if not altogether very trustworthy ally. Cheers to that mind of yours, stop thinking about power for a while will you? Happy New Year and may you be healthier in the coming year. You really need to stop paying those visits to the hospital.


To Jing Heng: Hello, I am not liable to forget you seeing as one of the first few people whom I spoke to in class was you. It appears that I'm not the literature person I always thought I was but nonetheless, this year has been most refreshing because for once, I have spent my time in school speaking with people who aren't actually normal. You aren't normal, I don't care what your definition of normal is but heck, no bloody Rafflesian is normal. That said, Happy New Year to you and please don't piss Purvis off. :P


To Alps: Ah, une annee nouvelle! Merci pour ton amitie. C'avait ete une annee tres speciale avec toi et Tong. N'oublie pas nos aventures et les choses que nous avons. Ah et ne perd jamais ton esprit et intelligence, ca c'est tres bien pour le sante. Oui, je sais, je t'epargnerai le mal francais. Bonne annee nouvelle!


To Tong: Boo! I started out the year as a geek and ended the year as a geek. You started it out as an arrogant prick and ended the year as Most Polite and Ethical Tong. Haha, it's been great what with Alps, me and you. Looking forward to another year even if we never will sneak into the ACM and spend the night there.


To 1A01D: Oh all right, I don't hate all of you and I certainly don't hate the class in general. You guys sure are fun even if I don't participate in half the fun. AkeshBhavanJames has been a most comedic act. I appreciate Edmond's awe-inspiring eccentricities. Darius, I despise and admire you, don't let that get to your head. The Girls, ok fine, I don't like bimbotic people but what to do, half of you will grow up to be rich tai tais and you'll be spending money like water at my boutiques so Happy New Year my prospective clients. And Candice, I promise you I won't make anything out of cute animals. Steven for being a general nice guy even if I don't talk to you much. Stallone, cheer up and civilise yourself for the coming year ok? The zoo's overpopulated as it were, and so's IMH. Shit who else are there in our class?! I forgot! Argh!! Oh wait, HAPPY NEW YEAR LIYANA! Haha, ok that's it right? Whatever lah, HAPPY NEW YEAR YA GUYS!


To Pre-U Sem team: Look, we can do it. CHEERS FOR YA!


So there. Thank you everyone for everything. I don't know if I'll ever matter to anyone but you can be sure that every little kindness, every little act of malice, they have all shaped me and I know myself truly changed by this year.


Oh, lest I forget.


To mon frere d'esprit M. le roi: No you bastard, I haven't forgotten and you shouldn't too. Happy New Year, says the petit Chinois in glee and venom. Ok, let bygones be bygones. I'm still miffed at you even if on a higher level, I have forgiven you utterly and irrevocably. Let it not be said that I didn't warn you.


AND THAT'S ALL!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Now all that's left is homework. Shit.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home