Thursday, December 01, 2005

Blank Doll is baaack!

Hey there! I'm back and I need to post about four things. I need to post something about my travels, a vitrolic in honour of someone, a post about love and a little thing I wrote.


Firstly, let's talk about my trip! Generally, I got the impression that Australian teenagers are in general, quite, well, stupid. Well, not stupid, just not impressive. Sure, they're all ripped and long legged and well chested, both girls and guys but as a whole, not a good impression at all.


You see, I got to Aussieland during the Schoolie's Week when all the youths of Queensland descend upon Gold Coast where they revel in booze, drugs, racuous behaviour and of course, sex. 86 schoolies were arrested in that week alone. Looking at Gold Coast, I was really put off because they practically took over the beaches and made it really uncomfortable. All I can say is Gold Coast is a place lacking in sophistication and the only good thing I can say about it is that it makes no pretence of being a metropolitan city.


I did love the countryside though.


We spent the first three days at a farmstead in Blackbutt. Our host was Julie-Anna and Tim McWilliams and they were splendid. I love that house. It was absolutely beautiful. Really, the air was so fresh and cool. I felt so at peace. Oh did I mention that the food was superb too? There was a British boader by the name of Charlie who did wonders with vegetables. You can bet that I ate all my vegetables there. Nonetheless, it was Julie-Anna who really shone because she struck me as a really strong character and very interesting too.


Oh and the shopping was quite good. It's not the place to buy really cheap stuff and be happy about it. I'm hardly the sort of person to go for such unseemingly thrills. But there are some stuff which bears buying. Lots of foodstuffs certainly. Candles. Gifts for everyone. Special gifts for some. Oh and I bought three books.


Yes, the usual. High fantasy, politics, bloodshed and sex. Sadomasochism, incest, bisexuality. All in a book!


Ok, that's all. You know, people say that you'll see the shortcomings of Singapore when you got to Western countries. When I returned from Aussieland, I could only gaze upon the marvel that is Singapore and wonder why anyone would think of Singapore as anything else but the jewel of South-East Asia and certainly one of the shining lights of the world. More on that later.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home