Friday, December 02, 2005

Blank Doll ate worms!

Well spent day indeed. Alps and I were late again much to Tong's annoyance. You see, both of us try very hard to be earlier than the other but because we both know the other will always be late, we might as well turn up slightly late. Only slightly. Of course, Tong is smart enough to just stay at home and not meet us at the mrt station.


I swear to you, Alps is a genius in the supermarket. I have never seen anything funnier in a supermarket. She wanted to make sushi and I wanted to make chocolate croissant pudding. We bought quite a bit of things before she went to get Ya Kun roti which she incidentally, did not share with me but people like me don't take notice of such little things. I also forgot to carry the groceries for her and for that I do apologize, such tardiness is oft unseemly.


Reached Tong's place, walked around the estate once before Alps realized I'd been walking in circles. I have no idea why people always trust me for directions but directions I give. It is rare indeed for me not to take people to our destination, albeit by a far longer road than would have been necessary.


So we did reach his house after all. Tong didn't seem very sober although he claimed he was. I tell you, that guy needs to sleep more. He's been having too much fun. A little quiet living would do him good but these are words of a person who is too proper. Thereafter, we proceeded to wreck his kitchen because we couldn't find any of the ingredients we needed and all of the ingredients Alps and I had bought in anticipation of their absence. Oh and I found a bottle of preserves past its shelf life by three years. He needs to clean out his fridge.


Oh and he doesn't own an oven! Sucker. I had to alter the recipe but it tasted good I thought. Alps took waaay too long making sushi and I added too much water to the rice because it was Californian short grain and not the usual long grain. I also added too much vinegar to the rice but it tasted good to me. This lasted approximately half an hour before we realized that there were WEEVILS in the rice. Alps, you have alot to explain.


So we just gave up and dumped everything into a bowl, mixed it up and served it with black pepper sauce.


Did I mention that we fried oreos and mars bars? Delicious. Tong also turned the oil black by burning two mars bar but oh well, I'll bet you they've never stepped into the kitchen for long before.


Oh and we watched a History of Violence. Well, they did. I just ran away and came back to catch intermittent bits of it because it was well, too violent for my taste. I firmly believe in using somebody's hand to kill but oh god, the frisson behind the violence was quite charming. Never mind. Don't ask.


Watched a bit of TV, Alps watched her first ever episode of Who's line is it? and yes, the RUN AWAY FROM DANGER MAN! Haha. That was daaamn funny.


So now they're flying off to New York. I'll miss you guys. Come back soon ok? I had fun today even if we mostly stoned. Next time round, we'll go do something more interesting. I really want to go to Settler's Cafe or the other one that Tong mentioned. Ditto the jazz bar and ditto Booth's wine shop. Haha, cheers to our friendship.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home