Friday, December 01, 2006

Blank Doll says hi.

Happy SUPER BELATED Birthday to Sarah darling. Went to her place yesterday for her birthday which had this cute black tie thigum and was terribly late :(


Rant: What IS it with cab drivers? Seriously, they whine and complain about Singapore, develop foolish conspiracist theories about the government, can't drive properly and are generally rude and disagreable. Noting the irony there. I have a new thing to add to my list though, my on earth would you advertise that you accept credit card if no cab driver will willingly accept it? There were seven cabs right in front of me stupidly waiting for a customer and here I was wanting to go to Clementi from Sembawang: all they had to do was to accept the damn credit card. Really, cab drivers, strictly a necessary evil.


Val had strange hair, Geri's nicer. Candice was wearing a nice dress with her spectacles which she now has on like 24/7 though it makes her look really cute, like she's always concentrating on things. Sarah was just radiant even though I wanted to rip the hairband off her head. Hazmi did a very good impression of a french gay artist (think Van Gogh, wait, he's not french. Think Picasso, wait, he's neither gay nor french. Damn.) and Dee has some cool hair.


Silly Sarah decided to go to some weird place with Victor and his *drumroll* extended family- heard that one before, Jessie?- while poor lil' us: Geri, Val and I decided to go down to town.


Oh, and all the ATM machines broke down so I actually penniless until we got to town and I found a proper machine. Sheesh.


Raffles City. Menotti was closed! Heartbroken. I so want a Bellini and eggs on toast. I think I'll go there for breakfast next time, it's bound to be nice because then I can have gelato too for breakfast. Then Val went to get her friends and Geri and I went to get food (and failed). It was a lost cause, none of the places at the Raffles hotels were open and Val refused to go to Equinox.


Comment: It was PJ's night out yesterday. In general, I think our girls do a much better job of presenting themselves to the world. It amazes me that the Straits Times does not publish things like "JC girls brandish ugly imitation handbags in equally ugly satin dresses and swear like they came from the gutter". Terrible.


Having gotten very lost in our misguided attempt at getting to the Esplanade via Raffles City while Geri and Val tried to figure out what was given out on the ninth day of Christmas, a really cool trishaw uncle gave us a ride to boat quay for five bucks each! Poor uncle, perspiring away while fat children like us wander around doing nothing. Uncle should become a cab driver, he's so much better. [Val's blog should have the pics of the uncle]


Inevitably, we ended up at Asylum. Before which I met this girl whom to my embarrassment, I could not recognise. Turned out to be Aunty Mandy's, erm, sister's daughter and it's always strange to meet relatives outside.


Ooh ooh, nachos at Asylum with a screwdriver and a lychee. Very nice place, it should be christened our class' turf. Like seriously, it's quiet, it opens till two, it has cool music, it's small and cozy, it's got chess (!), it's next to tcc so I can get ice cream though it doesn't serve the cocktails I want and no rum. Val was a little sad, don't be sad Val! Talked with Geri alot since Val decided to fume silently in the corner. Haha, I've never talked so much with Geri before, strange huh. It was nice though.


Slept at 4 am and I have no idea why or how I woke up at 10 am.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home