Friday, December 08, 2006

Blank Doll eats pie.

Alot of people focus on the separation between the state and the church in the last century but few celebrate the separation between the state and the labour unions or guilds as they were called. It could just be me but I find it fascinating that up till the seventeen century, France still had specific guilds for such duties as selling soft drinks (limonadiers) and cutting hair (coiffeurs). The Italian City-States were also foci of strong guild control to the extent that the leaders of these guilds often formed the oligarchy that ruled cities like Florence and Venice. I think the line between nobility and the guilds was quite undefined, especially in the cities where burghers crossed the line between the peasantry and the nobility. Think of all the rent-seeking involved. Wow.


Anyway, I have no idea why I wrote that except to say that my maid makes some mean parmesan omelette and is such a genius for giving me bread with peanut butter on it instead of just plain butter. Oh, and dinner at the Raffles Grill tonight.


I know I have the cocktail dress, slight trapeze line in mind but a new idea's beginning to creep up on me involving an apertheist's royal fetish but I'm not done with tweed and deconstruction yet. That's like, jumping two seasons ahead.


Je peux et je vais souvivre sans toi, tu sais.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home