Saturday, October 07, 2006

Blank Doll

I am awake now wanting to jog but the air quality is so bad I have to stay at home. Why on earth must we be situated next to a developing economy whose key sectors happen to include timber and agriculture? Haze is annoying, inconvenient and any moment now, I shall fall ill. Cloud seeding time!


Yesterday was pretty boring until Xuan called. Haha, it was all a little impromptu I think when I suggested we go down to Sun with Moon to have tea there since she's never been there before. I was reserving seats on the phone while in the cab, amazing.


Anyway, Xuan still looks as great as ever, her hair's grown out (finally) so we all have something to celebrate. We ordered, erm, a sweet box and three plates of desserts I think. The pumpkin roll, the tofu cheesecake, the monaka and the sweetbox. It was great talking because Xuan's family will be going off to Switzerland and Italy after the As. Switzerland will prove boring of course but for those of you who have been to some of the erstwhile city-states of Italy, you'd know how interesting that can be.


Oh, and we ordered a soft shell crab and avocado roll because Sean's a pig (as usual).


Took out customary trip to Kino and I've finally figured out why Xuan always buys books. My goodness, you silly girl. But just as well because we spent lots of time while Xuan explained manga to me then I explained Terry Pratchett to her. Haha, oh and Japanese cookbooks are like, wow. We were looking through the bento set cookbooks and wishing we were children in Japan.


She, being the filial one, reminded me, the FORGETFUL one, that it was MAF (Mid-Autumn Festival...wait a minute, why wasn't she in school celebrating it then? Weird.) and good little boys and girls go back home for it. We took the bus, stared at the moon without our glasses and wondered why it was so yellow and small.


Well, the moon grew brighter by the time we reached Sembawang though it was still small and the haze was still something nasty. So there.


Damn the haze! Thank goodness I'm going off soon, it's so annoying!


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home