Saturday, October 14, 2006

Blank Doll sits still.

Lunch at Caffe Beviamo with CC and Ying today to celebrate Ying's birthday. Spent the day walking around quite aimlessly catching up before ending the day at TCC where I continue my secret discourse with affagato.


I love the way the bitterness of the espresso fuses with the sweetness of ice cream. The one is hot, the other is cold. The one is smooth, the other is slightly grainy. But they fuse into one in the end, showing how a thin line separates one from the other.


In a fit of angst and misplaced defiance, I bound my neck with a tie except I refused to wear it the proper way, hidden under a collar and tidied up. I think I looked slightly scary like that, especially because I was staring at the people who were staring at me. I've been hanging out with people of a certain character for too long I think.


The point is, at the end of the day, I looked alot more like a suicidal salaryman. Sort of like Death of a Japanese Salesman, Except in Singapore. This does not deter me however from experimenting with ties. Henceforth, the tie shall be my best friend.


But first, I need to get a plain, narrow, black silk tie. I was thinking of getting one that looks as if its end were chopped off so that instead of a tongue, there is but the neat planes of a rectangle. I also want this shirt from Raoul which is severe white with a discrete white-on-white paisley theme that is hardly there.


It occurs to me that if I am going to play with ties, I am going to need a tie clip.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home