Monday, March 19, 2007

Blank Doll sleeps.

I am, perhaps unnecessarily, proud of myself for having baked bread in my own oven without the aid of a bread machine. They were simple milk loaves with a slightly sweet crust and a soft interior. It's really quite easy. You begin with good bread flour and butter, rub the butter in, then add sugar and salt. Now this was where I made a little mistake: you ought to add dry yeast to the flour and then pour the milk in instead of adding the yeast to the milk as if it were fresh.


Suffice to say, the bread was delicious and I wonder at the good fortune of having fresh bread everyday. Today, I shall try to make a cramique which is basically a Belgian brioche with sultanas inside. I first had it when I was in Paris where I bought it fresh off the shelf at a bakery and it was so good!


Anyway, today shall be spent being domestic at home while doing strength training. Tomorrow shall be my 6km run.


I lead a healthy and fruitful life. Amen.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home