Saturday, March 17, 2007

Blank Doll says it all.

Beauty is but perfect symmetry marred. Noble women from the Heian period in Japan blackened their teeth. Those from the English Edwardian period whitened theirs with white lead. 17th century Roman courtesans tinted their eyes with belladonna to make them more appealing. Angelina Jolie's pillow lips. Cindy Crawford's mole. Marie-Antoinette's round eyes. Cleopatra's nose.


What is this dream of mine that threatens to consume me even as it delivers me from the monotone death of everyday life?


Quotidian perambulations. What a pretty, archaic term excessive in syllables and letters, irrelevant in meaning.


To unearth the phantom connection between the kimono and the flapper dress, the Heian period and the Roaring Twenties. My dream persuades, no, compels me to carry on.


On another note, I'm certainly healthier than before. Running 5-6 km on wednesday, strength training yesterday and 7 reps of 30-60 today.


I need botox at 28, liposuction at 30 and a Woffles lift at 35. Yes, I can feel age creeping on me. I cannot afford the wanton recklessness of youth.


I crave perfection, not beauty.


C'est tout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home